In a close cooperation with Las Palmas de Gran Canaria University, this Project is aimed to keeping alive the Gran Canaria Biosphere Reserve and the development of the communities within it. Invigorating the whole Biosphere Reserve will help improve the neighbourhoods, although always acting from the ideal balance between the socio-economic development and the natural and cultural values.
To point out the value of each community's features is vital and can only be achieved with the co-operation of the neighbours. With the creation of the ‘environmental committees' formed by the inhabitants of each community, participation and consensus have been key to the definition of the actions to be carried out in each one.
- Sustainable communities
Getting to stand out the particular features of each community within the Biosphere Reserve and its value through actions such as:
• Paths signage and info panel son fauna, flora, uses, traditions, orography or culture;
• Adaptation of the environment (paths, viewpoints, etc.)
• Restoration of ethnographic values (fountains, mills, irrigation canals…),
• Clean up of areas and environmental and cultural values.
• Active volunteering from the environment committees which have undertaken some of the before mentioned actions.
- Eco-communities network
To achieve the sharing of the experiences in each community and to create synergies through the use of social networks, WikiCommunities and the Gran Canaria Biosphere Reserve web.
- 90X120 DIRECTORIO ALBERCÓN.pdf
- 90X120 GEOLOGIA AYAGAURES.pdf
- 90X120 GEOLOGIA LA CUEVITA.pdf
- 90X120 VENEGUERA.pdf
- 93X73 FERIA EQUINA.pdf
- CARTEL 90X70 ALMENDRERO.fh.pdf
- CARTEL 90X120 LA CUEVITA.pdf
- CARTEL 93X73 GEOLOGIA.pdf
- CARTEL 93X73 PILANCONES.pdf
- CARTEL 93X73 TAMADABA.pdf
- CARTELES ECOBARRIOS 42x57.pdf
- HIDROLOGIA 90X70.pdf
- LA CUEVITA 90X120.pdf
- LA CULATA 90X120.pdf
- LA CULATA 93X73.pdf
- LAS LAGUNETAS 93X73.pdf
- Nacientes La Culata.pdf
- PANELES DEFINITIVOS 68X40.pdf
- cartel 68x40 el agua.pdf
- upi_panel pino pilancones 220x200-25.jpg